Work in Style Policies
Work in Style recognises the importance of environmental protection and is committed to operating its business responsibly and in compliance with all environmental regulations, legislation and approved codes of practice relating to the building industry and the activities of this company. It is the organisation's objective to operate with, and to maintain good relations with all regulatory bodies.
It is the declared policy of Work in Style to carry out all measures reasonably practicable to meet, exceed or develop all necessary or desirable requirements and to continually improve environmental performance and prevent pollution through implementation of the following:
- Assessment and regular re-assessment of the environmental effects of the Organisation's activities
- Assessment and regular re-assessment of the organisation's environmental objects and targets
- Training of all employees and management in environmental issues
- Minimisation of the production of waste
- Minimisation of material wastage
- Minimisation of energy wastage
- Promotion of the use of recyclable and renewable materials
- Reduction and/or limitation of the production of pollutants to water, land and air
- Control noise emissions from operations
- Minimisation of the risk to the general public and employees from operations and activities undertaken by the organisation
This policy is communicated to all employees, suppliers and sub contractors and, when requested, is made available to the public.
As the Managing Director of Work in Style Ltd, I recognise that the disciplines of quality management are an integral part of our success in providing customer satisfaction and the continuity of our service. It is my primary responsibility and key to the success of the business to ensure that these disciplines are maintained.
The decision to introduce the ISO 9001 :2015 management system requirements into the company is a clear commitment to total quality and to ensuring that the products and services provided consistently meet or exceed our customer's expectations.
The company place particular emphasis on obtaining customer satisfaction by:
- Responding quickly to customer enquiries and contracts.
- Working closely with customers to establish the highest quality standards.
- Constantly striving to meet and where possible exceed customer expectations.
- Ensuring all management and staff are fully trained to meet the requirements of the business and its customers.
- The constant pursuit of quality, value and reliability in all the services that the company provide to its customers.
Training all employees to meet their needs and responsibilities.
It is the policy of the company to maintain, on a continual basis, an effective management system that assures customers that the services supplied conform to the defined procedures or processes.
Furthermore, the company looks for continuous improvement and that business is conducted according to the following principles:
- The company follows a concept of continuous improvement and making best use of management resources in all matters.
- The company strives to deliver the highest quality products and services, on time, the first time and at a competitive price.
- Employees are required and encouraged to provide feedback on errors in the system, procedures or processes to ensure that they are swiftly rectified.
- The company takes due care to ensure that all activities are undertaken safely.
The signature below confirms my approval and commitment to this policy.
The total participation of all personnel is mandatory and is encouraged and mentored through the use of sound robust management.
Labour Standards Assurance / Ethical Trade Policy
Work In Style Limited identifies that UK Law protects and supports employees and working standards for all within the United Kingdom. However it is recognised that workers outwith the UK and EU laws are not always employed under suitable working conditions and hours. Often child labour is used, basic working environmental conditions are not established and Safety is ignored.
Work In Style Limited is committed to a top-down approach to systematically assess the risk of labour rights abuses in the goods and services they procure, and to instigate processes that support improvement where practicable.
Work In Style Limited understands that a commitment to Ethical trade by all companies will help to improve the pay and conditions of people involved in the supply of goods and services. They understand that effective ethical procurement is not easy, however Work In Style Limited continues to strive to work with supplier companies throughout their supply chain that are committed to help their workers to access fundamental rights such as the right to safe and decent working conditions, to be paid at least the legal minimum wage, and to join and form unions so they can bargain collectively for their rights. It also includes working with suppliers to eliminate child labour.
The management of the Organisation has a continuing commitment to:
- Develop and continually improve the effectiveness of the Labour Standards Assurance System
- Communicate throughout the Organisation the importance of Ethical Trade within the Supply Chain and the company activities, and provide appropriate training
- Establish the Labour Standards Policy
- Establish yearly objectives to continually improve the effectiveness of the Labour Standards Assurance System
- Conduct Management Reviews of the effectiveness of the implementation of the Labour Standards Assurance System
The structure of the Labour Standards Assurance System is defined in our Labour Standards Assurance System Manual and the referenced policies & procedures.
All personnel understand the requirements of the Labour Standards Policy and abide with the contents of the Labour Standards Assurance System Manual.
The Organisation constantly monitors its Labour Standards performance and implements improvements when appropriate.
This Labour Standards Policy is regularly reviewed in order to ensure its continuing suitability.